Welcome to Zambia’s most prominent mining and energy industry event!
The 5th Zambia International Mining and Energy Conference and Exhibition (ZIMEC 2015) will be held in Lusaka from 18 – 19 June 2015. Preceded by a pre-conference training day on 17 June, the event seeks to inform delegates on latest developments in the mining and energy sectors, showcase Zambia’s strong potential as an investment destination and promote dialogue between the principal public and private sector players.
How will you benefit from attending ZIMEC?
For the 5th consecutive year, ZIMEC will play host to the hottest debates and provide the ideal platform to share news and experiences from within Zambia’s mining and energy sectors and those of the wider region. Our networking functions are attended by senior-level executives and government representatives, providing you with unparalleled business development opportunities. Consistently supported by the Ministry of Mines, Energy and Water Development and sponsored by major industry players, ZIMEC is your one-stop shop for tapping into Zambia’s mining and energy markets.
Zambia’s Mining and Energy Economy – Next 50 years
Over the last five years, ZIMEC has firmly established itself as the must attend Zambia Mining and Energy event the industry makes sure not to miss.
DISCOVER how industry pioneers are finding growth, innovating and solving common challenges
LEARN from panels, presentations, interviews, debates & innovative formats, providing 16+ hours of take-home content
CHALLENGE conventional industry thinking with insights from Government spearheads, industry pioneers global economists and analysts
NETWORK with the best of the industry under one roof
10 Highlights at ZIMEC 2015
- Discussion with Zambia’s mining industry leaders covering progress and results from the past year, along with future strategies and key concerns
- The New Zambia government – Towards a new era in Africa Mining
- Investing in Zambia’s mining and energy sector – opportunities
- Zambia’s New Mining Tax Code – Royalties and Profit Tax – Towards a new agreement
- Reducing energy cost – the integration of power and mining
- Zambia’s new fiscal strategy in review
- Sifting the evidence – Towards Peak Copper? India, China and Asia Urbanisation and Copper Demand Outlook
- Industrialisation and manufacturing in Zambia – In search of a strategy
- SMME, MSME development and job creation
- Africa on the verge of real growth – Looking towards the DRC